Sanding Marks/ Scratches
Scratching or distorting metallic/mica flakes close to the surface of the paint film due to:
- Sanding single stage or basecoat metallic finishes prior to clearcoating.
- Sanding single stage metallic finishes prior to buffing.
- Allow finish to dry, sand and refinish.
- Avoid sanding basecoat finishes before clearcoating. If sanding is necessary apply additional color following label direction.
- When sanding single stage finishes confine the sanding to minor imperfections (nib sanding rather than entire panels).
- For best results use 1200 or finer grit sandpaper